(Items that will be in upcoming newsletters will also start showing up here on the blog. Below are the minutes from the last club meeting, thanks to Karen for the quick turnaround. Arch Carey – newsletter editor)
Called to order: 8:00 PM
1) New members-Jean and Bill
2) President’s Report-a) Mark Cuthbertson wrote the club asking for help mapping out “safe” bicycle commuting routes throughout the town of Huntington. Sal volunteered to head the committee with Jay, Stan Mike, Barbara and Karen assisting.
b) Kim Schultze has a large credit at Bike Nashbar and would like to sell it off at a considerable discount, if anyone is interested, contact her directly.
c) There has been a “rash” of road accidents involving club members this summer, so please obey the rules of the road, and be vigilant!
3) Treasurer’s Report-Ross reported there was a significant profit from the Gold Coast this year. Approximately 600 riders registered.
4) Ride Leader’s Report- a) Bear Mt. ride was great; Rich will try to schedule it again in October.
b) Two big events in September-Sun. 9/13 is the NYC Century sponsored by Transportation Alternatives (Go to:nyccentury.org for info); Tour of the Hamptons, sponsored by Massapequa Bike Club on Sat. 9/26 go to: massparkbikeclub.org/toh
c) Lancaster trip was a success
5) Gold Coast-a) Lloyd Harbor police dept. wanted a person stationed at the top and bottom of Snake Hill Rd. despite the plethora of signs warning the riders of the steep descent ahead.
We may want to either rethink using that road in the Gold Coast route next year, or exclude Lloyd Harbor entirely from the routes.
b) There was a substantial amount taken in for advertising on the T-Shirts.
6) Newsletter-Arch reported that the format would be more of an ongoing Blog now. (The minutes will just show up at some point, now) Most people are receiving it online. It was discussed that for an advertising fee, we would offer a link on our newsletter.
Amanda Collado and Kathy Mariana, both licensed massage therapists, from Turning Point Massage, talked about “Wellness through Supplements”. (are you taking notes A-Rod?)
They can be reached at: turningpointmassage.com
Or if you still use a phone: 516-242-0280
50/50-Mark won $ 20.00
Adjourned: 9:00 PM
Karen Gellert, Secretary